In these challenging times, it’s good to set time aside every day of the week, in a quiet place if you can, and gather around you the things that bring you closer to God: a Bible, a candle, pictures, music…?
Here’s a selection of ideas and suggestions which you might find helpful
Some ideas for everyday time with God…
- Prayer resources from the Methodist Church, including video prayers, text prayers, dial-a-prayer and a prayer wall where you can leave prayer requests
- Daily Prayers from methodistprayer.org
- Catch up any time with BBC Radio2’s Pause for Thought, Radio4’s Daily Service, or Premier Christian Radio, to name but a few.
- Take a few moments now to enjoy listening to our familiar local ministers Ian and Paul, with their song about worship beyond the church walls
Separately Together: Suggestions for Sunday worship at home
- See our Sunday Worship page for details of this week’s Zoom Church .
- Click for this Sunday’s worship material which you can read at home any time
- Pastor David Varcoe is livestreaming all services from Trinity Church in Hindes Road
- Livestreams are also available from Methodist Central Hall, and from Wesley’s Chapel
- You can catch BBC Songs of Praise, or BBC Radio4’s Sunday Worship anytime, or there’s BBC Radio2’s Pause for Thought, and Premier Christian Radio
Let’s use this time to grow in our faith and understanding of the scriptures! Click any time to join in with Methodists all over the country for “A Word in Time” Bible Study .